Thursday 3 September 2009

Tea time

I went to see my Grandma today to watch the video featuring my Granddad tea tasting. It's great! I found out a lot about his career with the Co-op and how he progressed from a mail-room boy aged 14 to head tea taster and being involved in the commercial development of the teabag.

I was also lucky enough to have been given the Wedgwood commemorative plate my grandparents were presented with to celebrate 100 years of Co-operative tea manufacture. They really were pioneers of Fair Trade.

The original Co-Operative head office in Leman St, LondonThe purpose built tea factory at CreweA tea clipperTea pickers

3 comments:

  1. your grandfather sounds like he was the kind of person whose natural curiosity and intelligence helped him discover things that, in turn, helped a lot of people. i shall never have another cup of tea made with a teabag without thinking of him. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sentiment. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete