Monday 24 August 2009

Directional ladies fashion prints

I'm working on ladies fashion today which makes a nice change from kids and nightwear. The brief (and I use that term loosely - when I do ladieswear, I rarely get a nice clear, specific brief) calls for etherial, ambiguous imagery with hand sketch and paint techniques. I always struggle when I'm faced with this kind of project as in essence its got to look like nothing, but its still got to be something and that's a real challenge.

I'm enjoying splashing the paints around and doing some hand rendering though, and the eagle design above it the fruits of this mornings labours. I've got to produce at least another 3 in that vein though so I'd better get on...

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Can't wait to see the others. Love the smudge of purple very dramatic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Especially nice to get a compliment from someone whose work I also admire...

    ReplyDelete